Mission & Philosophy
Statement of Mission
St. Joseph Regional Medical Center (SJRMC) seeks to enhance the quality of life of the residents of its service area through the promotion of health, the prevention of disease and injury, and the provision of health services. SJRMC witnesses to the saving presence and mercy of the risen Christ by:
- Providing quality restorative, preventive and acute health care services.
- Respecting human dignity in the experience of sickness and death.
- Fostering the physical, psychological, emotional, spiritual and social well-being of people.
Statement of Philosophy
SJRMC is a nonprofit Catholic hospital. It's primary purpose is to continue Christ's mission of mercy by meeting the health care needs of individuals and the community. The health care philosophy of SJRMC is based on the Catholic beliefs that:
- Each person has uniqueness and dignity in the spiritual, psychological, social and physical aspects of his or her nature.
- Human life is sacred in its conception, birth, growth, maturity and transformation through natural death to eternal life.
- Proper and competent means shall be taken to prevent and cure illness and alleviate suffering in the whole person without regard to race, creed, national origin, economic status or ability to pay.
Back to top