In 1901, the Sisters of St. Joseph of Belvidere, Ill. agreed to establish a hospital in Lewiston, Idaho. On Feb. 8, 1902, St. Joseph Hospital opened in a seven-room frame house. Despite the rugged conditions and limited space, the community recognized the need for a larger hospital and banded together to build and open a 50-bed facility in 1903.
Today, you can find that same commitment and dedication at St. Joseph Regional Medical Center. St. Joseph remains a leader in health care and is the largest full service medical center between Boise and Spokane. St. Joseph strives to stay up-to-date with the newest technology to help our citizens enjoy healthy lives.
St. Joseph employees strive to provide phenomenal service. It's more than just a goal—it's a feeling. We realize that hospitals can be a scary place for some, but we will be there every step of the way. We have the information, the tools and the people to make our patients better and help them get back to their normal life.
St. Joseph continues its commitment to the people of our region and to our community. The same spirit that those pioneer sisters brought to Lewiston is alive today as we continue the sisters' philosophy and mission.
The Lewis-Clark Valley