Prenatal education has always been a priority at St. Joseph Regional Medical Center (SJRMC). We're the only Lamaze approved provider in the Inland Northwest.
Lamaze International has become a household name in childbirth education. It is a nonprofit organization whose mission is to promote, support and protect natural birth through education and advocacy. Since 1960, Lamaze International has provided the most comprehensive and respected education. Lamaze International has also established the Lamaze Approved Provider Program, whereby hospitals, birth centers, group practices and other institutional providers are recognized for meeting Lamaze standards and offering excellence in childbirth education.
Lamaze Class Series
- Course curriculum supports the Lamaze philosophy of birth and may also include the Six Care Practices that Support Normal Birth.
- Class series (for first-time parents) includes at least 12 hours of instruction that may be offered in a variety of formats and time frames, with emphasis on skills practice, comfort measures and class discussion.
- Educators use a variety of teaching strategies during each class to accommodate different learning styles.
- Products, materials and coupons from formula companies are not used or distributed in Lamaze classes.
A Variety of Classes for Parents
SJRMC Family Beginnings Birthing Center offers a variety of classes for parents including:
- Traditional six-week childbirth classes.
- Weekend Lamaze seminar.
- Private classes.
- Take-home video classes.
- Parenting classes.
- Breastfeeding classes.
- Weekly new mother/father group.
- Car seat check appointment.
- Scholarship program for any of our classes.
Lamaze is a registered trademark of Lamaze International, Inc.
415 Sixth St.
Lewiston, ID 83501
View a Map | Get Driving Directions
Back to top