St. Joseph Regional Medical Center offers three licensed pharmacies; an Infusion Service at the Cancer Center, an employee pharmacy and an inpatient pharmacy. The medical center also offers an ambulatory care service.
Chemotherapy Infusion Service
- Includes a team collaborative environment with physicians and nursing staff.
- Provides chemotherapy to all clinic patients, including a weekly clinic in Moscow and Pullman.
- Has a board certified oncology pharmacist.
- Uses collaborative care agreements with the oncologists for:
- Hepatic and/or renal dosing adjustments of chemotherapy.
- Anemia management.
- Electrolyte management.
- Anticoagulation management.
- Antiemetic management.
- Mucositis management.
- Develops chemotherapy regimen protocol.
- Provides oncology and internal medicine consultations with clinic physicians.
Employee Pharmacy Service
- Provides employee prescription care.
- Offers hospice patient care with family hospice.
- Provides an indigent prescription service with social services approval.
- Perform formulary reviews.
Inpatient Pharmacy Service
In addition to traditional hospital distributive services, our pharmacists participate in a collaborative atmosphere with community physicians, hospitalists, nurses and other multidisciplinary team members for a team approach to pharmaceutical care. They:
- Try to dispense information more than medications.
- Provide physician initiated unit based pharmacy therapies:
- Patient specific total parenteral nutrition monitoring and adjusting.
- Heparin/Enoxaparin per pharmacy.
- Vancomycin monitoring and adjusting.
- Aminoglycoside monitoring and adjusting.
- Electrolytes per pharmacy.
- Additional therapeutic dosing and monitoring per physician request.
- Review charts and leave progress notes for the nursing unit, including geriatric and renal dosing review.
- Review MIC reports for appropriateness of current antimicrobial treatment regimen.
- Have active members on multiple teams and committees including: P&T, pharmacy/nursing, critical care, infection control, discharge planning, hospice, pallative care, QA/QI, tumor board, cancer committee and patient safety.
Ambulatory Care Service
SJRMC pharmacy medication management service provides:
- Anticoagulation management as part of the post operative care for the Center of Excellence Total Joint Program.
- Provides outpatient dosing and management of intravenous antibiotics.
415 Sixth St.
Lewiston ID, 83501
View a Map | Get Driving Directions
Back to top