When cancer is close to home, your treatment should be, too.
Part of the St. Joseph comprehensive Cancer program, our Radiation Oncology Center delivers advanced cancer care, here at home. Our providers specialize in radiation treatment for cancer and oncology care and cutting-edge technology. We are your team in the fight against cancer.
Our Radiation Oncology Services:
- Two linear accelerators to provide radiation treatment
- Computed tomography (CT) systems with 3D and 4D treatment planning
- External beam radiation, including photos for deep-seated tumors and electrons for superficial treatment
- Intensity Modulated Radiation Therapy ( delivers higher radiation doses directly to cancer cells while sparing more of the surrounding healthy tissues
- Image Guided Radiation Therapy (IGRT) portal imaging to provide instant digital images for treatment verifications
- Positron emission tomography (PET) is used in combination with CT to evaluate and stage cancer
- Stereotactic Body Radiation Therapy (SBRT) provides highly precise treatment of tumors in the lung, liver, and other sites
affiliations and partnerships
Seattle Cancer Care Alliance
The region’s only cancer program, including the St. Joseph Cancer Center & Blood Institute and Radiation Oncology, is proud to become a network member of the Seattle Cancer Care Alliance. This membership will expand our clinical care network and increase access to specialty cancer care options.
Commission on Cancer
The Commission on Cancer (CoC), a program of the American College of Surgeons (ACoS), recognizes cancer care programs for their commitment to providing comprehensive, high-quality, and multidisciplinary patient-centered care. The CoC is dedicated to improving survival and quality of life for cancer patients through standard-setting, prevention, research, education, and the monitoring of comprehensive quality care.
Cancer Care Northwest
Cancer Care Northwest partners with St. Joe's to offer experienced radiation onlcology physician services to patients in the Lewis-Clark Valley and surrounding areas. Through this collaborative partnership, patients have the ability to recieve advanced cancer care treatment, close to home.