When Coverage Begins and Ends
Your benefit selections become effective the first of the month following one month of consecutive service. Your coverage ends when you leave employment or lose benefit-eligible status. Medical, dental and vision coverage ends at the end of the month. All other benefits end at termination or when your benefit-eligible status changes.
Associate benefit status Scheduled to work:
Full-time, benefit-eligible 30-40 hours per week (60-80 hours per pay period)
Part-time, benefit-eligible 20-29.5 hours per week (40-59 hours per pay period)
PRN associates that to work less than 20 hours per week are only eligible for the voluntary Retirement Savings Program and the Employee Assistance Program.
Benefit options Available
- Medical Plan Options
- High Deductible Health Plan with Employer Contribution
- High Deductible Health Plan without Employer Contribution
- Prescription Drug Coverage Options administered by CVS Caremark
- PPO Plan Pharmacy
- HDHP Pharmacy
- Well Being For Life Program
- Biometric Screening and Health Assessment completion enable a wellness discount to be applied to the medical premium.
- Tobacco Attestation enables an additional discount to be applied to the medical premium.
- Participants who attest to using tobacco will be eligible to participate in the Quit For Life tobacco cessation program to earn the Tobacco Free Discount.
Dental Care Coverage
- Services through Delta Dental
- Preventive care covered at 100%
- Plus orthodontia
Vision Care Coverage
Services through Vision Service Plan (VSP)
Flexible Spending Accounts
- Healthcare Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Account in which you can contribute up to $2,600 annually on pre-tax basis for qualified medical, dental or vision expenses.
- Limited Use Flexible Spending Account (LUFSA)
- Designed to compliment a Health Savings Account. LUSFSA allows for reimbursement of eligible dental and vision expenses only. May contribute up to $2,600.
- Dependent Day Care Flexible Spending Account
- Account in which you can contribute up to $5,000 annually on pre-tax basis for eligible dependent day care expenses for children younger than 13 and dependents of any age who are incapable of caring for themselves.
Income and Survivor Protection
- Short Term Disability (STD): Provided at no cost to full time employees. Replaces 60% of income, up to $2,500 per week. Part time employees may purchase STD benefit.
- Short Term Disability Buy Up Plan: Provides the option to reduce the STD elimination period from 14 days to 7 days and to increase the maximum benefit period from 24 weeks to 25 weeks
- Long Term Disability (LTD): Provided at no cost to full time employees. Replaces 60% of income; maximum $10,000 per month.
- Basic Life/ AD&D Insurance: Provided at no cost to full time employees. Employee Basic Life coverage equal to 1x annual salary, up to $500,000. AD&D additional coverage in the event of an accidental death.
- Voluntary Life and Voluntary Employee AD&D: Benefits are in addition to Basic Life/ AD&D.
- Voluntary Dependent Life Insurance (Spouse Life & Child Life): Insurance for your spouse and or children available for purchase.
- Accident Insurance: Pays lump sum benefits for covered accidents that happen at work or outside of work.
- Critical Illness Insurance: Pays lump sum benefits upon diagnosis of a covered critical illness.
- ProtectMyID®: Provides credit monitoring, fraud protection and fraud resolution support to adults (age 18 and older) with eligible Blue Cross medical coverage.
- FamilySecure: Provides credit monitoring for all covered children under age 18 in the household.
- LearnVest: Personalized financial planning services at no cost.
Securing Your Retirement
Voluntary Employee Retirement Savings Plan Contributions: A 401(k) retirement account that allows you to contribute on pre-tax basis through payroll deduction; may contribute 1% up to 95% of earnings; associate annual contribution limit for 2018 is $18,000 (or $24,000 if age 50 or older in 2018). Contributions can be made on a pre-tax basis or as after-tax Roth contributions.
Employer Matching Contributions to the Retirement Savings Plan: May be eligible for discretionary company matching contributions following 6 months of employment.
enriching self & Spirit
Employee Assistance Program & Work Life Services: Assistance with managing stress, relationships and financial issues through Beacon Health Options EAP.
Travel Assistance Program: Provided through United Healthcare Global. Access to 24/7 assistance services when traveling just 100 miles from home. Provides immediate access to travel services such as medical, travel, safety related and financial.
Lifekeys Services: Associate and beneficiary support for services such as estate guidance and will preparation.
Tuition Reimbursement: Reimbursement for eligible expenses up to an annual limit for qualified courses after meeting certain qualifications
Paid Time Off: Use for vacations, sickness and personal family obligations.