Maternity Care - Family BeginningsCall 208.799.5430
St. Joseph Regional Medical Center Named to U.S. News & World Report 2022-2023 Best Hospitals for Maternity Care
Recognition based on objective quality measures for labor and delivery services
Schedule an Appointment
Schedule your pre-admission interview or a tour.208.799.5430
Find a Provider
Meet the team of caregivers, and find a provider that's right for youFind a Doctor
Sign up for a Class
Sign up for an upcoming birthing classFind a Class
We offer a family-centered birth experience. As the largest provider of maternal and newborn care in the area, the staff is focused on providing safe, compassionate care to our mothers and infants. Many of our registered nurses are nationally certified in labor and delivery, labor support, fetal heart rate monitoring, neonatal care and lactation.
Family Beginnings offers many quality services for you and your baby's needs:
- We encourage and support an individualized approach to each birth and labor experience. Including the use of birthing balls, tubs and ambulatory fetal heart rate monitoring.
- We are the only Level II Special Care Nursery between Boise and Spokane.
- We have the lowest Cesarean Birth rate in the region.
- We have a Certified Nurse Midwife with hospital privileges.
- We offer Nitrous Oxide for labor pain management.
- Anesthesiologist and CRNAs are available at all times.
- Immediate skin to skin contact is encouraged for all deliveries including cesarean births.
- Evidence-based care and current practices are followed including the "10 Steps to Successful Breastfeeding" and delayed umbilical cord clamping and delayed infant bathing.
- We have private rooms and double beds for families to share the welcoming of their new baby.
- Car Seat Safety checks are available by our certified technicians.
- Education classes are offered including Lamaze Childbirth, Lactation, Baby Basics and Newborn CPR.
- We offer pre-delivery consultations with a Family Beginnings Nurse and tours of the unit.
- Follow-up meetings with a Certified Lactation Consultant in Family Beginnings.
Patient Care Team
We want you to have a wonderful birth experience at our facility, which is why we offer a family-centered birth focus with the best maternity care available to you. We have six birthing rooms that are comfortable and provide enough room for your family to be present during labor and birth.
Our nurses are trained in labor support and will offer excellent care during your birth. Your comfort and positive birth experience is our goal for every birth at Family Beginnings. You will receive one-on-one education and support in new baby care and breastfeeding. We have specialized lactation nurses and certified lactation consultants ready to support you.