St. Joseph's Pharmacies are located for convenience. We succeed if our patients feel assured that they are in good hands. Together in Health, we can achieve a healthier, happier future.
Our Inpatient Pharmacy Services are responsible for reviewing charts and leaving progress notes for the nursing unit, including geriatric and renal dosing review. They also review MIC reports for appropriateness of current antimicrobial treatment regimen.
We have active members on multiple teams and committees including: P&T, pharmacy/nursing, critical care, infection control, discharge planning, hospice, pallative care, QA/QI, tumor board, cancer committee and patient safety.
INPATIENT PHARMACY SERVICES
In addition to traditional hospital distributive services, our pharmacists participate in a collaborative atmosphere with community physicians, hospitalists, nurses and other multidisciplinary team members for a team approach to pharmaceutical care.
- Try to dispense information more than medications.
- Provide physician initiated unit based pharmacy therapies:
- 24 hour pharmacy services
- Patient specific total parenteral nutrition monitoring and adjusting
- Heparin/Enoxaparin per pharmacy
- Vancomycin monitoring and adjusting
- Aminoglycoside monitoring and adjusting
- Electrolytes per pharmacy
- Phenytoin per pharmacy
- Renal dose adjustments
- Participate in multidisciplinary COPD education
- Additional therapeutic dosing and monitoring per physician request:
- Review charts and leave progress notes for the nursing unit, including geriatric and renal dosing review
- Review MIC reports for appropriateness of current antimicrobial treatment regimen
- Have active members on multiple teams and committees including: P&T, Pharmacy/Nursing, Critical Care, Infection Control, Discharge Planning, Hospice, Pallative Care, QA/QI, Tumor Board, Peds, OB, Tissue Surgery, Emergency, Trauma, Cancer Committee and Patient Safety
Chemotherapy Infusion Service
Our Chemotherapy Infusion Service includes a team collaborative environment with physicians and nursing staff including a board certified oncology pharmacist on staff. We provide chemotherapy to all clinic patients, including a weekly clinic in Moscow and Pullman. Our Chemotherapy Infusion Service Center develops chemotherapy regimen protocol and provides oncology and internal medicine consultations with clinic physicians.
our chemotherapy services
Our Chemotherapy Infusion Services use collaborative care agreements with the oncologists for:
- Hepatic and/or renal dosing adjustments of chemotherapy
- Anemia management
- Electrolyte management
- Anticoagulation management
- Antiemetic management
- Mucositis management
Ambulatory care services
Ambulatory Care Service provides anticoagulation management as part of the post operative care for the Center of Excellence Total Joint Program, as well as provide outpatient dosing and management of intravenous antibiotics.
SJRMC pharmacy medication management service provides:
- Anticoagulation management as part of the post operative care for the Center of Excellence Total Joint Program.
- Provides outpatient dosing and management of intravenous antibiotics.
- Offers hospice patient care with family hospice